This page has moved to a new address.

Smart Budget Advice - Wal-Mart

Smarty Pants Mama: Smart Budget Advice - Wal-Mart

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Smart Budget Advice - Wal-Mart

Just read a tremendously accurate report by the Budget Fashionista (www.thebudgetfashionista.com), Kathryn Finney, on the consistent popularity of Wal-Mart. Now I know many, if not most, are on a budget. Some are tighter than others. In this Smarty Pants Mama home we are on a fairly tight one. I shop clearance and sale only. I cannot even remember the last time I paid full price! The Budget Fashionista has 5 reasons why Wal-Mart meets the needs of the budget minded shopper. I certainly agree with her reasons, especially number 3 - "one stop shopping is back." With a toddler in tow, it is much, much, much, much easier to enter a store like Wal-Mart to buy everything from diapers to milk to towels. I remember when gas prices were through the roof - I tried to consolidate trips. A trip to store like Wal-Mart was much easier of the gas tank than starting and stopping at 4+ different stores.

Do you shop at Wal-Mart or the like? Share =)

Actual article that I enjoyed: http://www.thebudgetfashionista.com/archive/wal-mart-is-the-hot-new-store/

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

I despise walmart because it is overcrowded and insane here in homestead. So we spring for the BJs membership instead. What we save on gas makes the $45 worth while, and we do use a lot of stuff in bulk (cottage cheese, for instance!). But its still a one-stop-shop for the most part. Anything I can't get there, I usually just end up ordering online.

January 2, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home