This page has moved to a new address.

Tackle It Tuesday - 3 months later.....

Smarty Pants Mama: Tackle It Tuesday - 3 months later.....

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tackle It Tuesday - 3 months later.....

Tackle It Tuesday Meme
Okay, it’s now been 3 full months since Christmas morning! Yes, I’ve put away the lights, the tree and the way too many decorations. However, what still lingers in a pile, a pile that has moved from room to room, is the adorable photo Christmas cards we received. I have a thing for these cards. I can’t throw them away – I just won’t let myself.



Typically, I arrange the photos in the over 20 frames in my family room and the 10 plus in the living room, swapping the previous year photo with the current. Now there are quite a number of obstacles I face in this swap. Is the previous year photo for the cousins in Massachusetts the same size as this year’s? If yes, great! If not, well then where will they go? Whose spot will they take? What about if we didn’t receive new photos from the cousins in New Jersey? Do I keep the old photo hanging? What about the “new” families, who have sent us a photo card for the very first time? Can I use their photos to replace a family who seemed to have forgotten us this year?



Another obstacle is this desire of Snapfish and Shutterfly to create photo cards of 10 tiny photos. What am I suppose to do with that? I try not to buy those tiny little frames that I can never imagine when on Earth am I going to come across a photo that will actually fit in that thumb size slot!! Of course this year I have about 4!
I vow today to at last tackle the Christmas photo swap! Wish me luck!

What do you do with the cards? Share!!!!!




Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Lesley said...

Unfortunately, I just pile the cards in a box. Have fun going through yours today. It's hard to believe that Christmas was almost 3 months ago.

Lesley
www.pillowcasetalk.blogspot.com
(I tackled Kitchencounteritis today.)

March 25, 2008 at 8:45 AM  
Blogger The Apron Queen said...

I throw all my stuff in several big boxes that have moved from house to house with us in almost 20 years of military life! Don't recommned that route!

Makes for fun blogging though when you go back through those old pics.

Stop on by anytime. I'll make you a glass of iced tea. Confessions of an Apron Queen: http://anapronaday.blogspot.com

March 25, 2008 at 9:19 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

You are so much more organized than I am! I toss the cards into the Christmas tree box and take a peek at them the following year when we unpack the Christmas decorations. It's fun to look back and see how much folks have changed over the year!

March 25, 2008 at 12:34 PM  
Blogger Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Ours go on the side of the refrigerator, along with other pics we receive throughout the year from our friends/family. When they get old or dusty, we swap them out.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

March 25, 2008 at 2:56 PM  
Blogger The Buntens said...

I keep a lot of them in acrylic frames on the fridge. Others, I place in a special box each year and put them away with the decorations.

I like pulling this box out and looking over the pictures from the last few years.

Thanks for stopping by Dandelion Dayz!

March 25, 2008 at 8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well we have done different things, this year I taped them on my pie cupboard in the kitchen. A few years ago I let my kids cut out the people and make puppets out of them with popsicle sticks.

March 25, 2008 at 8:57 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I hang all my wallet size photos on the side of the fridge using magnetic clips. I do not have room to hang them in frames :( I love that you keep all those photos up. What a way to show everyone you care!

March 25, 2008 at 10:32 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Good luck with your photos. Don't tell my family, but most of the cards I get end up in the trash after the holidays. I just don't have space for them.

March 26, 2008 at 6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home