This page has moved to a new address.

Piece of the Week - The Challenge - Newspapers

Smarty Pants Mama: Piece of the Week - The Challenge - Newspapers

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Piece of the Week - The Challenge - Newspapers

For as far back as I can remember, I have always organized newspapers to be recycled. While this is great (less trash in my trashcan & less trash in the landfill) there have got to be some great ways to REUSE the newspapers. I have some ideas, but I'm looking for more!

The Challenge #2
Item: newspaper
Post a comment or email your idea on how to REUSE newspaper!
I look forward to sharing your ideas with our fabulous SmartyPantsMama readers!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger janelle said...

1. Wrapping paper replacement. It makes sense, wrapping paper is expensive and newspaper does the job just as well!

2. Make trees. Roll paper into a cylinder, clip top edges along roll, keep cylinder intact while pulling it to lengthen. The cuts will fall down like leaves. Think fir tree!

3. Packing material, so items don't jostle in transit.

CHEERS!!

October 9, 2008 at 11:12 PM  
Blogger The Stilwells said...

My son likes to cut with his age appropriate scissors, he is still learning so I let him cut the stuff he likes out of the newspaper. He likes to glue too so we use the stuff he cuts out to glue to his "art" projects

October 12, 2008 at 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home